On Sunday, Blythe turned two. I can't believe it's been two years since my life completely changed. Blythe has been my singular focus, for both good and bad, for two years, and I have been excited for each challenge. Though, I have to say I'm a little exhausted from her tantrums and the constant battles she wages for her individuality. I love that little monkey and I'm grateful for all of the many opportunities for growth she has given me. There have been so many mercies bestowed upon me as well, as I have asked for heavenly help over the seemingly small trials I've had raising her. I know now, more and more, that our lives are guided and directed in ways that will maximize who we are and will lead us to who we can become.
Anyway, we went to the zoo with my parents, B's aunt and uncle and cousins. Then we took a much needed nap-break and then had a BBQ and cake. It was a lot of fun. Blythe loves animals so much right now. Each night, we have to check the diapers of each of her stuffed animals and as she incorporates more, her bed gets fuller and fuller. Almost all of her presents had animals involved in some way.
We have started potty training, which just baffles my mind. She is getting so big. Though, as she does grow, it allows the three of us to do more as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment